We are a loosely organized group of folks who live in Western Washington state and like mountain dulcimers.
Mountain dulcimers are the potato chips of the musical world. It's easy to start and hard to stop.
Come and join us anytime! See below for our current schedule:
~ Club Events ~
Upcoming Dulcimer Opportunities
January 26, 2019
The next Old Growth Mountain Dulcimer Gathering will be Saturday, Feb 2 at the Tumwater Library from noon to 3 p.m.
Please bring a capo!
Our draft playlist is:
- Grey Cat on a Tennessee Farm
- Old Joe Clark
- Hills of Connemara
- Buck-eyed Rabbit
- Norwegian Woods (requires Capo)
Trying Something New
- Shady Grove in Dorian Mode (the “Mountain Minor”) — see the pdfs for this and Star of the County Down linked here. Thank you, Susan, for sharing these wonderful pieces!
Sing Along with Chords
- Something from Steven!
- I’ll Fly Away
- Whatever else suits your fancy. It could be Nutfactory Shuffle or Three Drunken Maidens or anything else!
- Speaking of the Nutfactory Shuffle – here is Dean Robinson playing the tune as promised to help you learn to play! https://youtu.be/VLzR_isjMOk
Other opportunities to know about:
Dulcimer Workshop in Portland – February 23. Heidi Muller and Bob Webb
Menucha Dulcimer Festival – April 8-11 Instructors will be Linda Brockinton, Don Pedi and Janita Baker
Dulcimer Camp in the Wallowas — June 30 to July 6. Featured teachers this year include Dave Hass, Sue Carpenter, Kristin Gitler and Bob Webb
Steven Seifert Three Day Intensive – Sept 26-28 in Portland. https://www.stephenseifert.com/three-day-registration/